1. We were all sick with a cold this weekend. First little David, then my husband and finally me.
2. I was so tired that I let little David eat Doritos and Popcorn for dinner last night. I am sure this will prevent him from getting into Yale someday. Which is OK, because we can’t afford Yale.
3. Little David and I are feeling better. My husband is still deathly ill.
4. My sister-in-law is here visiting all the way from Australia. I really hope she doesn’t catch this junk from us. I’ll feel terrible is she’s sick during her trip.
5. We have two Cocker Spaniels. The male, Joey, has suddenly become attached to me at the hip. He follows me everywhere, and if I sit, he sits on me. He even sleeps with me. He never used to get in bed with us. And he snores. One of the reasons I’m so tired. Anyway, he did this to me the last time I was pregnant too. It’s weird. It’s like he just knows. Do pregnant women smell different or something? I’ve heard that dogs have been able to diagnose cancer in people simply by sniffing them. I guess I could have saved the 15 bucks I spent on a pregnancy test.
6. We have snow on the ground for the first time this year. And the first Lake Effect Snow Advisory of the season was issued today. Three to five inches by 7 tonight they say. I don’t know why they bother to issue an advisory for that around here. Five inches of snow is just a normal winter day in West Michigan. People don’t even slow down on the freeway for five inches of snow.
7. There are only 38 days left until Christmas.