1. I spent Friday and Saturday recovering from stomach flu. (See this for David’s take on my illness.) For everyone freaking out over the latest doomsday news story, don’t worry. I am positive it was not the Swine Flu.
2. Friday it reached 86 degrees here. That’s way, way above normal for April 24th in Michigan. We turned on our central air. It didn’t work. We’re spoiled, and 86 degrees feels like Death Valley after months of temps below freezing. It didn’t help that I am almost 8 months pregnant and was recovering from the stomach flu. Definably calling the repair man first thing Monday morning.
3. We opened up all the windows and turned on every fan we could find. Then rain and a lot of wind kicked up. It blew in from the west. There is a freshly plowed field of rich, black soil immediately west of our house. Most of that lovely top soil coated everything in our kitchen. Black dust everywhere. Gross. And the rain didn’t even cool it off.
4. We, when I say we here I mean Dave, finished moving the laundry room to the basement so that we can turn that room upstairs into the nursery for Wade. It only required three trips to Home Depot in two days. Not bad. I think we’ve been there five or six times in one day before. It is such a relief to have that finished. Dave is a pretty handy guy to have around, but he’s particularly good with PVC pipe and Purple Primer. He is my plumbing hero right now.
5. Saturday it rained most of the day so it wasn’t quit as hot. That night I was feeling better and took David to the grocery store with me. We drove home in a bad thunderstorm during which the sky turned pink. I’ve seen the sky turn green, and that usually means there’s a tornado near by. Don’t know what pink means, but it was “a little creepy” as David said. Creepy is one of his favorite new words.
6. Sunday I felt well enough to realize that the house was a disaster after my languishing on the couch for two days and all the moving of appliances and black dirt everywhere. The laundry room was a catch-all too, so now that’s all in the basement. I’ve renamed the basement “The Pit”, because it’s become the new dumping ground. It’s got to be cleaned up before Wade arrives, because the guest room is down there and my mom will be staying there. Guess what I’ll be doing this week? At least it’s cool in the basement.
7. It was hot again on Sunday. And humid after all the rain. We went to get ice cream. I saw two other pregnant women at the Ice Cream shop when I was there. I guess it’s true what they say about pregnant women and ice cream.