What are your top three worries as a mom?
1. Um…that I’m just getting EVERYTHING completely wrong, and scarring my kids for life. I mean it’s not like I’ve ever done this parenting thing before. How should I know if I’m doing it right or not? Guess I’ll find out 20 years from now.
2. How in the world are we going to pay for them to go to college? Our own student loans won’t be paid off for another 15 – 20 years. And college costs are going up every year. I’d really like for our kids not to be saddled with the burden of paying for school for the rest of their lives. Oh, my word. I seriously just don’t even want to think about it. Can you say we need some athletic scholarships? Of course if it turns out that I am doing everything wrong like I mentioned in number one, I guess it won’t matter because they’ll be in prison or something.
3. This one’s a little heavy, but I honestly worry about what our country will be like when they’re my age. What if the economy never recovers? What if we never put an end to the constant threat of terrorism? What if we keep losing more and more of our constitutional rights? What if our country’s reputation around the world continues to erode? I just want what every American wants. What Americans have always wanted. For my kids to have more and better opportunities than I did.
What are the three things you just simply don’t have time to worry about as a mom?
1. Other people’s business. I stay away from drama and gossip. I have enough problems of my own. I don’t need anyone else’s to think about.
2. How clean my car is. I don’t know the last time it was at the car wash. The backseat is covered in sticky goo, and crumbs. I’d love to vacuum it out, and steam the upholstery. But when? And what’s the point? They’ll just spill something again. Nope. My car will be filthy until I’m not hauling little kids around in it anymore.
3. Who’s on American Idol, who won a Grammy, what lamo thing did The Bachelor do this week, what are the Kardashians up to? All that pop culture stuff. I’m so far out of the loop. I got lost somewhere around 2005.
This post is sponsored by Kodak. Kodak knows as moms we have a lot to think about every day. Well, they want to make your life at least a little bit easier by taking away the worry over buying expensive printer ink. Check out their ad in the JuiceBox on my sidebar.