I have lots of random stuff to say, and none of it really deserves it’s own post. Even if it does, I’m too lazy tonight. So here’s a list of things you probably don’t care about, but I’m going to tell you anyway.
1. Chuck E. Cheese’s is doing a Mother’s Day promotion.
That’s about the last place on earth I want to go. Please do not give me anything that has to do with the Fifth Circle of Hell on Mother’s Day.
2. For my 35th birthday I dragged my husband to an Indian restaurant. The poor man. You should have seen him gingerly picking at his lunch. I think he even turned a little green.
After that we went to a cafe downtown for coffee. He got rained on, and there was too much coffee and not enough sugar in his mocha.
Then we went to the mall. He waited patiently while I shopped for sofa pillows.
He endured all of this because he loves me.
3. My Gmail account got hacked by someone from China last Sunday morning. So, no, I did not send you that spam about a million dollars in a bank in Hong Kong. But if you still want to give me your bank account number, I’m OK with that.
Gmail is so helpful. They notified me three days later that it happened. Fortunately I’d already figured it out, and fixed the problem.
How did my account get hacked in the first place?
Gmail didn’t even say they were sorry.
4. I shopped at Ikea for the first time ever last Sunday. We drove two and a half hours just to get there. The closest one is in Detroit. I must be Swedish at heart, (Hey, I do have the blond hair. If only I had Swedish hips.) because I am a total convert. I will never buy another stick of furniture anywhere else.
We bought a new couch, and schlepped it home in the back of the mini-van. I’m sitting on it now. It’s so comfy. And stylish. And affordable. And good quality. No, this is not a sponsored post, but it could be. Want to work with me Ikea? I’ll blog for free furniture.
I think a yearly trip to the Swedish Mother-Store will definitely become a tradition.
5.I’m preparing for Wade’s first birthday on Sunday.
6. Something in my house smells, and I can’t figure out what it is. I have to find it before Wade’s first birthday. At least I know it’s not the new couch.
7. Next week we go on vacation to my favorite city– Chi-town, The Windy City, The Second City — Chicago, baby! Beautiful, sophisticated, mid-western and blue-collar all at once. It beats out all the other big cities I’ve visited — even New York, and tropical Honolulu. This will be David’s first time there, and I can’t wait to show him around.
So, what’s new with you?