Everyone is writing Year-In-Review posts, but I can’t remember what happened last week, much less a whole year’s worth of activity. And I don’t like to make resolutions.
It sounds so — final. I don’t like ultimatums. They kind of get the independent, stubborn streak in me all riled up, and I’m bound to dig in my heels and refuse to cooperate just on the grounds of principle. Even if it’s me setting the ultimatums for myself.
But goals, things to work toward, baby steps? I can get behind those.
1. Loose 11 pounds. 11 in honor of 2011. I want to lose more than that, but I’m a firm believer in realistic goals. So let’s see if I can get to 11 first. I signed up for Weight Watchers, and maybe I’ll even pull out the Wii Fit that we got for Christmas last year, and actually use it to exercise.
2. Keep my cool better with my family. Even when they’re making my crazy. My kids push my buttons like nobody else. Especially my oldest. But I am supposed the be the adult here. I need to exercise more patience, and less yelling.
3. Focus more on the positive. I’m a glass-half-empty kind of person. It’s just the way I am. But maybe I can at least get it down to a glass that’s only one-quarter-empty.
4. Be in bed by 11 ever night. Well, almost every night. I’m a night owl. I love to stay up late. The problem is I don’t have the luxury of sleeping in until 8 o’ clock every morning. I’m way too tired in the mornings, and that has a direct effect on how I cope with numbers 2 and 3.
5. Write. Write here, write elsewhere. Write better. Write more. Work on the book I’ve always wanted to write.
6. Make some more money. Not in a greedy way. I actually made some income, however small, from blogging in 2010. And I launched a new blog design business that brought in some money also. I’ve always wanted to find a way to stay at home with my children, still be creative and contribute financially to our household. I just want to keep doing that in 2011.
I was going for 11 goals for 2011, but I think stop at six. I don’t want to completely ruin your under-achiever image of me.
By the way it’s 11:06 p.m. on January 1st, so I’ve already blown number 4.
Photo by compujeramey used under Creative Commons License.