When you have a kid under two you don’t go out to the movie theater very often.
Doing so requires one of three things:
1. Hiring a babysitter which adds to the already ridiculously expensive cost of going to a movie theater, and leaves you with only a enough cash to share a small popcorn. Maybe.
2. Throwing yourself at the mercy of the grandparents, and asking them to watch the toddler.
3. Taking the toddler with you, watching the first 15 minutes of the movie, then spending the next hour and 45 minutes pacing the lobby while he fusses and the rest of your family enjoys the film.
So we do a lot of our movie watching at home.
Last Wednesday we were socked in by Snowmageddon ’11.
It was the perfect night to throw a Family Movie Party.
Fortunately we’d already shopped for our party earlier in the week.
It’s not a movie without big boxes of candy,
and of course Pop Secret Popcorn.
Movie Theater Butter flavor to be exact.
You can find out all about our shopping trip by viewing my Whrrl story.
If you look at the Whrrl story you’ll see that I thought we bought Despicable Me to watch. Apparently The Boys switched it out with How to Train Your Dragon. I have no idea how or when it happened. This kind of distraction and confusion happens when you take your entire family with you to the grocery store.
I don’t recommend it.
So anyway, when the storm hit we were all prepared for Movie Night, which turned out to be a great way to beat cabin fever.
Here’s our snack spread. See the little hand reaching for popcorn? Someone couldn’t wait.
Mmmm, doughnuts. OK, so after our driveway was plowed my husband did venture out on the icy roads to buy doughnuts. Why? Because we love doughnuts in our house, and feel that they are totally worth risking your life for.
The boys really liked the cute little popcorn boxes.
Wade loved that he had his very own.
David made himself comfortable with the popcorn too.
We all settled in and watched the movie.
How to Train Your Dragon is excellent. We all loved it, and I highly recommend it as a great family movie.
We had a wonderful night, and the best part about being at home was when Wade’s attention span was exhausted he got down and played, and I got to keep watching the movie!
Pop Secret asked me to give my own acting and directing skills a try, so I made a little video with a special appearance by The Boys.
I have to give props to my husband here, because he wrote an original “score” just for my video’s “soundtrack”. Then he recorded it with his fancy music software, and synced it to the video for me. He spent a few hours on a weekend doing it when he could have been relaxing. So please watch my video, and then tell him how wonderful he is. It will make him happy.
How You Can Win
There are a couple ways you can win prizes from Pop Secret.
First you can visit PopCameraAction.com, and give your own acting and directing skills a try with Pop Secret’s Kernels. It’s a fun game, and for playing you could win a one year subscription to Netflix, or an At-home 3D Movie Theater.
Here on Mommie Daze you can also enter to win, courtesy of Pop Secret, a $50 Visa Gift Card, a 3 pack of Movie Theater Butter Pop Secret Popcorn, and one box of Raisinets so you can have your own Family Movie Night.
1. Leave a comment here telling me what your all-time favorite movie is.
2. Earn an extra entry by entering the sweepstakes at PopCameraAction.com. Leave a separate comment letting me know you did this.
3. Earn an extra entry by subscribing to Mommie Daze. Leave a separate comment letting me know you did this.
4. The giveaway will close at midnight February 22nd. The winner will be contacted by email.
Disclosure: I am a Pop Secret Mom sponsored blogger, courtesy of Mom Spark Media. Thoughts are my own.