The mom’s group I’m a member of held a retreat this weekend at our church. I had the privilege of speaking briefly during one of the sessions. I thought I’d share with you a little bit of what I had to say.
Seven Signs or Reasons Mom Needs a Break
1. You haven’t gone to the bathroom alone in 3 and half years. And no, hiding behind a locked door while three children stand on the other side pounding and screaming doesn’t count.
2. The last time you went out to dinner alone with your husband you took his plate from the waiter, cut the steak up into bite size pieces, then fed it to him. “Here comes the airplane. Open your mouth, Honey. Here comes the airplane.”
3. It wasn’t pajama day, but you sent all your kids to school in their PJs anyway.
4. You’re so sick of driving kids around you’ve looked into getting your 13 year old a fake ID so she can drive everyone to practice tomorrow.
5. In an effort to cut back on laundry you’ve seriously considered moving your family to a nudist colony.
6. You’re so tired of dirty dishes that you only serve food that comes in its own microwaveable and disposable container.
7. You’re actually looking forward to you next visit to the gynecologist, because at least you get to lay down and put your feet up.