1. A plunger. Six year old boys are incapable of using a reasonable amount of toilet paper.
2. A screw driver. To replace the batteries in all those noisy toys the grandparents bought.
3. Plastic shopping bags. For a variety of uses including, but not limited to, sealing up toxic diapers, as a barf bag and for carrying home clothes removed after the vomiting. Your clothes.
4. Empty cardboard boxes. Better at entertaining them than any toy you could ever buy them.
5. Caffeine. Necessary to counter-act the 18+ years of sleep deprivation.
6. Slippers. To wear when you get out of bed at night so you don’t impale your bare foot on a Lego in the dark.
7. A very reliable vacuum cleaner. Does that really need explanation?
8. Milk. You’ll always be out of it.
9. A secret chocolate stash. To help you cope with watching Finding Nemo for the 237th time.
10. A big heart. To store all the joy, love and memories that overflow every day.