2. I was talking to Wade on the phone. When he got tired of talking to me, instead of just saying goodbye, he blew me off with, “Mom, I think you’re breaking up.” I know there isn’t a tunnel in Grandma’s house.
3. Last Sunday it was 73 degrees. The warmest day since last fall. Then two days later it was only 34. At least it didn’t snow.
4. I took both the boys to the grocery store, something I try to avoid. But they behaved like normal human beings, and just followed me around quietly. No one cried because I wouldn’t buy them a 48 serving sheet cake, and they didn’t even have a wrestling match in the middle of the bread aisle.
5. Wade was finger painting and told me he was making the pictures for his future wife, because he wants her to know how much he loves her.
6. I took Wade to school for his Kindergarten placement test. He picked his nose the entire time. Even after I gave him a Kleenex.
7. Wade asked me if a rabbit would bite him if he squirted it with water.
8. I finished week 3 of Couch to 5K. I used to say I’d never, ever run. Never say never.
9. My husband was the hero of the day when he helped save the neighbors’ dogs when their house caught on fire while they were gone.
10. For about a month David had to sit in an assigned seat on the school bus between two girls. It was torture for him. When David told me the bus driver said they could sit wherever they wanted again he said, “Two less girls, double less trouble.”