This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Meijer.
Looking at all the snow still outside and the temperature on the thermometer, it’s hard to believe spring is just three weeks away! Now is a great time to go through your makeup bag and drawers and clean out old products, so you can start fresh this spring. Meijer has several new beauty products in its stores to help you do just that.
First, here are some tips for freshening up your beauty supplies:
1. Replace anything that may have expired. Some products such as sunscreens have an expiration date on them. For other items that don’t, here are some guidelines:
- Mascara – replace every three months.
- Liquid foundations – replace every six to 12 months.
- Powdered makeups like eyeshadow, blush and face powder – These last the longest. Replace if they develop an odor or start to discolor.
- Eyeliner – replace every three months.
- Lip sticks and glosses – replace every year.
- Nail polish – It’s good as long as it doesn’t dry up.
2. Clean your make up tools. Simply wash in warm water with a gentle soap. Then disinfect by soaking in a solution of 2 parts water to 1 part vinegar for a minute. Allow to air dry. Discard any brushes with worn out bristles or sponges that are falling apart and replace with new.
3. Discard any products that are outdated and shop for items that are on trend to freshen up your look.
Now that you’re ready for a fresh start, here are some new products to look for at Meijer to add to your beauty routine this spring:
- Loreal Infallible Pro Matte Powder
- Loreal Infallible Pro Spray and Set Makeup Extender
- Revitalift Volume Filler Serum & Moisturizer
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel (No light needed)
- Cover Girl Full Lash Bloom Mascara
- Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion
- Neutrogena CoolDry Sport Sunscreen
- Degree Dry Spray Deodorant
- Dove Men Care Dry Spray Deodorant
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Boosters Facial Cleaner
- Infinity Pro Conair 3Q Styling Tool
- Loreal Advanced Haircare: Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight Shampoo and Conditioner