Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company in conjunction with Blog Meets Brand, and I have been compensated for my participation. All opinions are my own.
Our summer isn’t complete without at least one trip to Michigan’s Adventure. North of Muskegon, it’s just about 90 minutes from our home near Kalamazoo. We made our annual visit last week, and it was a great day as always. We have lots of reasons we love Michigan’s Adventure. Here are six reasons we think you’ll love it too.
1. You get to meet The Peanuts Gang – When we walked in the gate Friday, we were greeted by Snoopy, Charlie Brown, and Lucy. I could pretend that only the seven-year-old was excited to meet The Peanuts, but we were all a little giddy over it.
2. Michigan’s Adventure has some pretty awesome roller coasters – Wade was finally tall enough this year to ride the big roller coasters. He spent many summers watching his big brother David twist, turn and go upside down while he was relegated to the kiddie rides. So Wade was ready to finally have his turn!
We stopped at the height chart at the park entrance, and Wade held his breath in anticipation while the attendant measured him. He was the happiest kid in the park when she put a wristband on him that said he was 48 inches, the height required for most of the larger rides.
Seconds later David and Wade were in line for Wade’s first ride on the Corkscrew. Wade loved it, and they got in line to ride again a second time.
They had so much fun finally being able to ride together. The boys road all the other big rides and coasters including Shivering Timbers, one of the world’s best wooden roller coasters.
3. Michigan’s Adventure has a petting zoo in celebration of their 60th anniversary. Anyone who was a kid in Michigan prior to 1988 remembers when the amusement park was called Deer Park Funland, and the park featured a petting zoo. My husband recalls visiting the park before the name change.
In honor of the park’s past, this year they’ve reintroduce the petting zoo. At Funland Farm we got to interact with chickens, geese, goats, a miniature horse, alpaca, llamas, a miniature donkey and deer. Yes! There are deer at the park again!
The boys had a lot of fun feeding and petting the animals. It was a nice break in the day from all the hustle and bustle in the rest of the park. And it was something new to experience at the park.
4. You get a full-size water park included in your admission –
When it warmed up later in the day, we headed to Wild Water Adventure, the water park inside Michigan’s Adventure. One of our favorite things about this place is that the water park. It’s a great way to cool off on a hot day, and our boys love the water slides and wave pools as much as the roller coasters.
5. They have lots of other fun rides for everyone – If you’re not into water or big roller coasters, don’t worry. There are plenty of other rides. Kiddie rides for the littles, a carousel, Ferris Wheel, Tilt-a-whirl, Scrambler, the list goes on and on. One of Wade’s favorites is the bumper cars.
6. Michigan’s Adventure is just minutes from beautiful Lake Michigan beaches and Silver Lake Sand Dunes – We camped for a few nights near Michigan’s Adventure, so we could enjoy all the other great things this area of West Michigan has to offer.
Know Before You Go to Michigan’s Adventure:
- Buy and print tickets and meal plans online to save time and money.
- There are four big roller coasters, including the 120 foot, 50 mile per hour steel Thunderhawk and the wooden Shivering Timbers, a one-mile long ride that goes 65 miles per hour and reaches up to 125 feet high!
- Wildwater Adventure water park features three wave pools, a huge splash pad, drenching bucket, lazy river, special area for kids under 48 inches, and more than seven different water slides.
- Save money on food and drinks with the refillable souvenir bottles and the All Day Dining Plan.
- Located north of Muskegon, MI off US 31